Ethiopia has successfully hosted the 5th international conference on Federalism, which was held in the nation’s capital, Addis Ababa from 14 to 16 December 2010. This monumental event which has coincided with another big national celeberation (The fifth Nations’, Nationalities’ and Peoples’ Day) has gained wider media coverage and international attention.
For those you interested in the detailed account and media coverage about the event and want to have access to some of the discussion papers presented at the conference just click on the following links.
- 5th intrnational conference on federalism HOMEPAGE
- Ethiopia Hosts Fifth International Conference on Federalism(News from Africa)
- The Fifth International Conference on Federalism held this week in Addis Ababa (WALTA)
- Fifth International Conference on Federalism Historic – Ethiopian PM(Ezega)
- Keynote by Prof. Andreas Eshete Abuses and Uses of Cultural Diversity: African Past, Ethiopian Present
- SHAWN DAVID HOULIHAN, Federalism and Violent Conflict Prevention, Management & Resolution Mechanisms
- SANDEEP SHASTRI, Federalism and the Democratization Process
- ROTIMI TIMOTHY SUBERU, Unity in Diversity through Federalism
- NICO STEYTLER, The Impacts of Regionalization and Globalization on Federations
- GIORGIO BROSIO, Fiscal Federalism and Equitable Development